If you’re no longer reading them… your books deserve a loving home! The Friends of the Blackstone Public Library gratefully accepts book donations small and large from anyone. Please support our book drive by bringing us your books.
Your donation will be added to the Friends’ annual book sale to support the Blackstone Public Library programs and activities.
Book donation guidelines
We will accept:
- All hardcover and paperback books in good condition. We cannot use damaged books (e.g. broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, musty, or moldy, excessing writing in the text) or clearly outdated materials.
We cannot accept:
- Books that are in plastic totes. Please put your books in clean cardboard boxes or hand carry them.
- Damaged books with broken bindings, missing pages, soiled, must, moldy, with smoke or water damage, or with excessive writing in the text
- Magazines (bound or unbound), periodicals, or academic journals.
- Condensed books (Reader’s Digest)
- Textbooks, workbooks or study guides
All donations are checked over by Friends of the Blackstone Public library volunteers. Acceptable materials will be sold in our Annual Book Sale. Please make sure to follow the guidelines provided before donating.
Where should I bring my books?
You can bring your gently used books to the Blackstone Public Library.
Please bring your donation inside the Blackstone Public Library when they are open. Do not leave any books outside the library.
Contact us on the form below.